Thursday, January 24, 2008

Dual Head on ThinkPad T61

I've been running Fedora 8 on my ThinkPad T61 since November, and I've been reasonably happy with it.

The most irksome thing about the setup is that I had the hardest time getting both the DVI and VGA displays running as an extended desktop. Until now!

I still haven't worked out the vagaries of getting X configured, but once I'm at the desktop, it's a simple matter of
xrandr --output VGA --auto
xrandr --output VGA --right-of TMDS-1
Special thanks to the folks at intellinuxgraphics.org who led me down the path of multi-monitor bliss!

Update: In tweaking xorg.conf, I realized that it's necessary to add the clause Virtual 3200 1200 to Section "Screen", SubSection "Display". Without it, xrandr gives errors about max screen size.

No comments: